Problems That Slab Leak Detection Can Prevent in LomitaFebruary 7, 2023
Why You Should Always Wait For a Professional to Detect a Slab Leak in LomitaFebruary 7, 2023
When you put off getting a slab leak fixed, it can have serious consequences. Slab leaks can damage the entire foundation of your home and cause expensive repairs to be needed down the road. It can also lead to mold and mildew growth, causing health problems for the people who live in your house.
Water leaks can be difficult to spot, so it is important to keep your eyes and ears open for the signs that you have a problem. You can do this by listening for the sound of running water when there is no one in the house. You can also check your water meter on the wall of your home to see whether you have a running source, which could be a slab leak detection.
- A Warm Spot on Your Floor: Hot water lines aren’t usually designed to heat your floor, so a spot that is warmer than the rest of the floor could be an indication that there’s a leak in that line. You should also keep an eye out for any puddles around your home, especially if they occur in the same place as the leak.
- Your Water Bill Spikes: If your water usage suddenly spikes, it is likely an indicator that there’s a leak under your home’s foundation. It is a good idea to monitor your water bill for a while after you find out there’s a leak to make sure it doesn’t get worse. Depending on the size of your leak, your water bill may go up. Regardless, this is an important signal that there’s something wrong with your plumbing system and you should have it fixed immediately.
- Water Utility Issues: If you have a large slab leak and you don’t get it fixed, your local water utility might shut off your access to the main to prevent extreme water usage. That isn’t a good situation for anyone!
- Awkward Sounds: If there are sounds of running water in your walls even when you have closed all the taps, it is an indicator that you have a leak under the home’s foundation. This is why it is so important to have a professional plumber take a look at your home’s plumbing if you think there might be a leak under the foundation.
- Discoloration: If you have discoloration on your floors, this is another indication that there’s a leak under the home’s foundation. It is especially easy to see discoloration when the water has soaked into the wood flooring.
- Mold and Mildew: If you notice mold growing on your carpeting or in your kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere else in your house, it is an indication that there’s a leak under your foundation. This can lead to serious health issues, including breathing problems and allergies.
- Swelling: If you have expansive soil under your home, you might notice that the soil is heaving and lifting up sections of the floor. This is an indication that your slab leak has caused the ground to move and cause cracks or swelling.
Slab Leaks: A Costly Mistake You Can Avoid in Lomita