Call today

+1 (747) 245 1788

Call today

+1 (747) 245 1789

If you live in a home with a concrete slab foundation, you may have an undetected slab leak. These water and sewer leaks can cause serious damage to your home and health if not addressed quickly and properly.

When there is a leak in the plumbing pipes that run underneath the concrete slab foundation, it can easily go undetected by the average homeowner. This is why it is important to hire a plumber who specializes in slab leak detection to help find the source of the problem and fix it.

Whether it’s a small or large leak, if left unchecked, a slab leak can lead to severe water damage and structural problems for your home. It may even cause the entire structure of your house to collapse.

The water in a slab leak can be so toxic that it causes the wood and other materials in your house to decay and rot. This may result in expensive repair costs and in some cases, a need to completely rebuild your home.

Besides noticing an increase in your water bill, there are other signs that can tell you if you have an undetected slab leak. For example, if your water meter keeps running after you turn off all faucets, this is an indication of a slab leak.

It is a good idea to regularly walk barefoot around all areas of your slab, and pay attention to where you notice hot spots on the floor. These are typically the result of a leak in your hot water line, which makes surfaces warmer than normal.

Another sign of a slab leak is if you notice mildew or mold in your house. This is because the moisture from a slab leak can create an ideal environment for the growth of both mildew and mold.

These two molds can be very dangerous to the health of your family if they are allowed to grow in your home. They can cause respiratory and allergic reactions, as well as aggravate existing allergies.

They can also make your home smell bad and have a rotten egg odor. They are also extremely difficult to remove, so it’s important to get them treated as soon as possible.

The spores produced by the mold can spread quickly and contaminate surfaces throughout your home, especially in humid conditions. These spores can trigger asthma, rashes, skin diseases and even cancer if inhaled.

Unlike mildew, which is usually easy to spot and treat, mold can be much more difficult to remove from your home. It can grow on a variety of surfaces and is able to produce spores within 24 to 48 hours of being exposed to water.

The spores produced by these molds can be inhaled by anyone who walks into your home, which could lead to serious respiratory and allergy issues. It is best to catch the fungi early before they grow too large and can damage your home and its contents.

Why You Need to Request Slab Leak Detection Services on Time in Northwest San Pedro

Slab Leaks: A Costly Mistake You Can Avoid in Northwest San Pedro

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call Now ButtonCALL US NOW!